Thursday, July 31, 2008

Celeste's 10th Birthday


So today was Celeste's birthday. I feel like a loser mom though. I was gone most of the day trying to take care of some issues I had with an old car of ours that we gave away, but came around to haunt me, and cost me a lot of money. So I got that taken care of and then went shopping at costco to get a birthday cake, and other things. I came home and unloaded my groceries and then had to jump in the car again with all the kids and take Devin to football practice. Then I came home and put dinner in the oven. Bruce got home and I was off again to pick up one of Celeste's birthday presents and run by luckys to pick up a couple more things for her birthday. Then Celeste and Ashley were off to an Achievement day activity.
They got to go to a concert in the park here in Fremont. They didn't get home until 9:30p.m. Then we had cake and ice cream, and she opened her presents. She thought she was all done, and then Bruce came out of the office riding on a bike that looked a little small for him, and Payson said" hey daddy, why are you riding your bike in the house?) then Celeste noticed it, and didn't get that it was for her right away. When she realized it was hers she was so excited. Bruce was my camera man, but set the camera down while he rode the bike in, so we didn't get the surprised look on her face. It was priceless! I didn't feel like such a bad mom after all. She gets to have her friend party tomorrow night. That should be fun too! Celeste loves birthdays more than anything. She talks about it forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that about sums it up. She is such a wonderful daughter. She is a big help to me when it comes to cleaning!! She loves babies and trying to help others. I love her very much. Happy Birthday Celeste. One more double digit child. I feel sooooooooooooo....old!

3 comments:

Steph Brackett said...

You feel old.... I got years on you! I can't believe she is 10 already. I will always think of her as a 5 year old!

The Bertagnoles said...

Celeste looks so grown up in the top picture you posted!! WOW! :} What a fun birthday you guys had for her. You are a GREAT Mom!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Celest!!! That is so fun - I'm sure right now you're having a GREAT girls party! That was a good year wasn't it! All 3 of us big and preggo! Good times.....

And yes, you ALWAYS have an open invitation to visit us - where ever it is we are living! You better come, what better way than to stay with friends for FREE!