Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First Try

O.K. Here I go. I've got a lot of freinds who are blogging so I thought I'd give it a try. After all, we have a lot of things happening around our home to talk about. They may not be super exciting to most, but they're happening! We are smack in the middle of summer. I must admit that it has been nice getting to sleep in when I want to, or at least stay in bed longer than usual. During school I don't get that opportunity. There has been quite a bit more noise though, and that is still taking some getting used to. I am enjoying not having to deal with all of the homework, and being in the car all day. Especially with gas costing what it does. The kids and I have just been hanging out around the house mostly. It's nice to have a little more help with cleaning up around the house.
Devin just got back from a week at scout camp. He had a great time. Bruce got to go with him for the first couple of days. Devin was the senior patrol leader. He went to meetings every morning to find out what was going on for the day, and then took that info. to his troop, and made sure all went well with them. He completed 3 merit badges while he was there. Way to go Devin. It's nice to have him home now.
Ashley and I will be off to girls camp on Monday July 21. This will be her first year. She seems very exited. It will be fun to see her experiance camp for the first time! She has had time to play with freinds, and go swimming a few times this summer. She was a big help to me while Devin was gone to camp.
Celeste is hanging out with Lizzy and Payson trying to keep them busy. She has had some play dates with her freinds too.
Lizzy and Payson run around the house chasing each other a lot. They love to play outside and jump on the trampoline together. Lizzy draws pictures once in a while and likes to do some school work her teacher gave her at the end of school. Payson watches her and learns a little too.
Bruce is still working hard. He is having fun with the scouts, and loves to go on campouts with them. He's a great scout master! It's fun for him to be able to work with Devin.
All in all, everything is going well. I will try my best to keep this blog updated. Only as time allows.

1 comment:

whirlygig said...

Looks great! Way to go. Have fun at camp next week.