Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girls camp




Yeaaa!!!! I made it home alive. Got bitten a couple of times by masquitos. That wasn't bad considering how many times eveyone else got bit.
I had a great time at girls camp! I had 3 girls up until Wednesday night, and then my 4th arrived. I had a great group of girls. No fighting at all between them. They even let me sleep at night. I think most nights, we were asleep by 10:30p.m.(not normal for camp).
My mornings started with my alarm going off at about 6:00a.m. If I was crazy enough I took a shower at this time when it was 53 degrees outside, and that meant the temp. around you as you showered. The showers were yucky! The water was warm if you were lucky enough to get there before everyone else, but you stood in a cold puddle of water because the drains weren't that great. Boy am I glad to be home and able to shower in my nice bathroom. I had a leaders meeting at 7 every morning, and then the day began with all the activities that were planned for the day.







Some of my highlights







I learned how to do a whipstich. (now I can sew my sons patches on his scout shirt)
I learned how to tie a double half hitch knot.
I learned how to tie a square knot.
My group took 1st place in the Amazing Race. Yipee!!! (I'm not competitive or anything.) :)
My group got an award for the cleanest cabain. Yeah again!!

I didn't have to cook for a week. (Had to supervise my girls making breakfast 1 morning.)





I got to be goofy all week! :)


I got to go on a couple of canoe rides.
I started a huge water fight while in a canoe with 2 of my girls from my group from last year.
We all ended up drenched, but had a great time laughing while we did so. I wasn't in my bathing suit eather. I was in jeans and a t-shirt. It was kinda hard walking all the way back to my cabain like that.

I got to be with my daughter Ashley for her 1st year of camp,






and watch her learn and grow.



I had fun doing and watching the skits. We did an intro skit, and a lip sinc. and a commercial we had to make up along with a newspaper, duct tape fashion show where we had to make an outfit for 1 of our girls to show off. Lots of fun.




I went on a hike that was only about 6-7 miles long. We got to see about 3 different


lakes while we were out. The views weren't as good as they could've been because of the smoke from all of the fires, but I still enjoyed what there was.

I'm sure there is much more I could share, but I'm not. I don't need everyone going to sleep on me. I'm just glad I'm done with camp for this year. I need to catch up on some sleep.

While I was gone, Bruce took the week off and stayed home with Devin, Celeste, Lizzy and Payson until Wed. He then took all but Devin to my parents house, where they stayed until Saturday afternoon. Bruce and Devin left early Thursday morning (4:45a.m.) to go on an adventure together hiking to the minarets, which is near mamoth mountain, which is below Yosemite. They didn't know what they were in for though. The hike started out pretty normal until about halfway in and then they came to what is known as a class 2 trail. That means that there is pretty much no trail and it's very steep, very rough terrain, and there was snow on the ground. Pretty scary for them, and a lot more work than they thought they were going to get. They ended up comming home earlier than they planned. They were both beat!!!! It was a nice surprise for me though, as I thought that I wouldn't
get to see them until late Saturday night. Bruce even went down and picked up the kids for me. We ended up getting home at the same time. It was great to see my honey and my babies. I missed all of the hugs and kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I am sooooooooooooooooo...... happy to be home with my family, even if I have to deal with all of the bickering between my kids.


.

4 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

I love that you are blogging now and I can keep up with your family events as they happen instead of once a year when we come to visit. :} Its good to hear you had fun at camp. I don't know if I would have survived.

Holly said...

Sounds like a blast! Tyler really enjoyed her first year of camp as well - it's always so nice to be home with all the craziness!!!

smithfam said...

Looks like fun---NOT! hee hee. I am just kidding. I am sure that it was a blast especially since you got to be with Ashley.
Had fun on our visit. We will have to do it again soon!

Steph Brackett said...

I can't believe Ashley is old enough to go to girls camp! CRAZY!! You need to add us to your blog list!

www.stephbrackett.blogspot.com