Thursday, July 17, 2008

Long Night

So, here I am again, up late. I'm trying to get things ready for girls camp. I leave on Monday morning bright and early, so there's not much time left to squeeze in all I need to do. I am trying to get shirts made for my group of girls. Our group is called the country bumpkins. I have been trying to find a picture for our shirts for the past week or so and have had no luck. Aahhh...so I went to best buy today to get a clip art kind of a thing to see if I might have better luck. Well... now I'm sitting up waiting for the 1.5 million pictures to get uploaded on to my computer. It's only on the 6,128th picture so far and moving slower than I'd like. I better be able to find what I'm looking for after all this! So while I've been waiting, I've had my bowl of ice cream, I love ice cream, watched some of "So you think you can dance", and cleaned up my kitchen. Trying to find more to do to keep me awake, so here I am blogging.



I know it's well past the 4th of July, but I just started my blog, so I'll share a little of what we did. I took the kids to the 4th of July parade here in Fremont for the first time since we've lived here in 12 years. We met up with our good friends the McGlothins, who have 5 kids also. We had fun hanging out and watching all that was in our parade. There were a lot of old cars, bands, and boy scouts. My favorite part was the bag pipers! There was a cool pirate ship, and all of the crew was dressed for the part perfectly.After that was over, we went home to get ready for our church picnic. There was a great turn out. Lots of food and fun. The kids got to launch rockets, which were made out of 2 liter bottles, and filled with water. That was a hit. I even got to play a little softball, though it didn't feel very soft when I stopped it with my shin. Ouch! I still have a big bump from it. I learned to use my glove the next time it came my way, that's for sure. :) The kids had fun running around with their friends having water fights, climbing trees, playing softball, and entering watermelon contests. Bruce and I had fun visiting with friends and watching our children from a distance. Ashley and Celeste got to go with some friends to Livermore to watch the fireworks while Bruce, Devin, Lizzy, Payson and myself stayed home. I took the little 2 on our porch roof to watch the fireworks being set off around the bay area. Devin joined us for a bit and then went over to his friends house for a while. It was a fun day.








No comments: