Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Utah adventure

I guess it's been some time since my last post. Been busy with summer! I was going so strong at first too. I'll try and do better.
I got back from Utah on Sunday, after being there 6 days all by myself. I went there to be a support to a brother of mine who was trying to get custody of his 5 kids, but things didn't go his way. It was hard to see him go though that.
After all of that, I got to spend time with some of my other siblings. I stayed with my oldest brother A.J. and his wonderful wife Shelly. Thanks guys for such great hopitality!!! They always pamper me. I got to go shopping with Shelly, get a manicure and pedicure, and play lots of games with her, my niece Felicia, and A.J. I went to the Salt Lake Temple with my oldest sister Leigha, and out to lunch after. We had a nice visit. I went out to my brother Jared's house to see his new addition to his house and visit with he and his wife Pam, and I got to go four wheeling at night with them. On Saturday I got to go tubing down the Provo river with A.J., Shelly, Leigha and her husband Wade. It was a lot of fun, and very beautiful. I got a couple owiees on my arm from paddeling with my flip flops to keep me away from the sides of the river. Now my arms are all scabbed up on the inside of my elbows. It was worth it though. I got to eat out a lot too.
I had so much fun not having to do my normal mothering, cleaning, and cooking. I need to do that more often!! :D We shall see about that.
My kids were well taken care of. Bruce stayed home on Wednesday to be with the kids. My parents flew back in from Utah Wed. night and took the youngest 3 to stay with them until Friday afternoon. Ashley and Devin went to stay with the Westover family, who are in our ward and have a daughter that is 1 day younger than Ashley, and a son that is a couple years younger than Devin, until Friday. On Saturday Bruce took the kids to have some fun at Quarry Lakes for the day, and then came home and made them a yummy dinner. They always have fun when I'm not home.
It is good to be home with all of my babies and my honey!! I did miss them, eventhough I had a nice time. Now I'm back to reality. Cleaning house, cooking, and running the kids around. Now I'm getting ready for the kids to go back to school. I am not looking forward to getting up early. 4:50a.m comes way to quickly!!! I'll enjoy my sleeping in time while it lasts!! :0

1 comment:

Holly said...

Where is the picture of you with your arms rubbed off??? So fun seeing you all Monday