Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Big 15

DEVIN'S BIRTHDAY








Today was my oldest baby's birthday. That's right, the big 15. WOW!!! Time sure does go by fast. It was just yesterday I was holding my baby boy in my arms. Now I couldn't if I tried. He's a little too big now. He's grown up to be such a wonderful young man. I love to watch him grow. Eventhough it's happening a little too fast.
Devin and I went out to lunch together at Applebees. It was nice to visit with him. We had to eat fast because I needed to hurry and make it to Ashley's maze days at the junior high to get all the things done for 7th grade. Yes, she's in 7th grade this year. I had fun with her, running around crazy going to all of the different stations we needed to visit. It was nice to get a visit in with her one on one.
I came home at about 2:30p.m. to pick up Devin and take him to football practice. After dropping him off I came home to pick up my kids from my neighbor Sondra, who watched them for me almost all day, but ended up taking Ashley with my to costco instead. I love you Sondra!! Thanks for all of your help. She also had taken my 3 youngest to Ardenwood farms in the morning to meet up with some of our other friends. What a saint! After I returned from Costco, I had Sondra send my kids and hers over to play for a little while so she could get a little relaxation time in for herself. That was the least I could do for all she did for me. I made dinner for my youngest 4 and was off at about 6:50p.m to go to a parents meeting for football. After that was over, Devin and I rushed home so he could eat dinner, shower, have cake and ice cream with our family, open his presents, and then run off to go bowling until 12:00a.m with some of his friends. So, here I am trying to stay awake while I wait for him to get home.
All in all it was a great day. I got to do a little more running around than I did this time 15 years ago.
Devin was happy because he finally got a new cell phone. He's been asking for one for a long time now. He was very surprised.
Happy Birthday Devin.

No comments: